As the Health Foundation enters its third decade as a leader in health promotion and disease prevention, the Board of Directors and staff spent several months developing a strategic plan to guide the Health Foundation’s leadership and grantmaking over the next five years.
Through the strategic planning process, the Board of Directors affirmed the ideals of our founders who were committed to health promotion and disease prevention and the preservation and growth of Health Foundation assets.
The board renewed the mission to lead, leverage, and invest in initiatives, programs, and policies that promote health and prevent disease in the region. They also committed to a set of values to ensure public trust, confidence, and engagement in the work that we do:
- lead with integrity;
- collaborate with community leaders and stakeholders to achieve greater results;
- use data and empirical methods to guide our work;
- recognize and value different viewpoints, backgrounds, and life experiences; and
- manage the Health Foundation’s resources to ensure long-term sustainability and measurable impact.
The board committed to continued investments in:
- healthy eating and active living;
- tobacco and alcohol prevention;
- mental health and emotional well-being; and
- health leadership.
New areas of focus include:
- supporting the TTUHSC Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine;
- improving awareness and management of diabetes;
- planning and developing linear trails;
- nurturing healthy kids; and
- inspiring binational philanthropy and leveraging resources in partnership with the Paso del Norte Charitable Foundation and Fundación Paso del Norte para la Salud y Bienestar.
To view the Strategic Plan, click here.
REALIZE Executive Leadership Program →
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine →
Social Host Ordinance – YMCA of El Paso, Shift + Initiative →
Healthy and Fit Kids – Las Cruces Public Schools, New Mexico
Healthy Eating and Active Living, (HEAL) Initiative →
Engaging Youth – La Rodadora, Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico.,
IGNITE Initiative →
Family-to-Family Program, NAMI El Paso Mental Health and Emotional Well-being →